TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

The Outcast, journey back to street

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pvb003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Outcast, journey back to street
    Posted: Feb/01/2015 at 8:27pm
I purchased this car almost a year ago, and I have recently started to prep it back to running condition ( after building a new house last year ) I have cleaned the gas tank, re-cored the rad, new tires, painted magnum 500, replaced the bushings on the leaf springs, installed wilwood front brake kit, new rear gears (to replace the 4.44), cleaned off the painted undercoating.
pvb 1968 AMX, 69 SC/Rambler, 1 owner 1987 Monte Carlo SS, Pro Street 85 GMC Pickup BBC
pvb003 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pvb003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 7:57am
Hello, snowed in today, I have a few more pictures, the second owner that raced and owned the car from around 1970 to 2010 painted as many things on the car R/W/B that he could, he also went to great lengths to take weight out of the car, such as gutting electric motors and drilling the spring perches, I am sure I will find a place for all the small parts removed from the car such as brackets and plates, thankfully he saved most of the parts. regards Pete

pvb 1968 AMX, 69 SC/Rambler, 1 owner 1987 Monte Carlo SS, Pro Street 85 GMC Pickup BBC
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 9:41am
Neat project. Keep the updates coming.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 10:30am
I like it!
pvb003 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pvb003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 12:36pm
Hello, another member first gave me this image last year, and I subsequently found it in a library from the early 1970's at Utica Rome in N.Y. regards Pete
Ant View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 1:19pm
awesome! What are your plans for the car?
73 AMX project 401 stroker, t-56 mag
Full-time machinist
pvb003 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pvb003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 2:52pm
Hi Anthony, I am NOT going to restore the car, it presently has original paint (many chips and small dents ect, the hood was repainted back to white ) with what I believe to be only 733 miles on it (still to be documented and proven) however I am going to fix all of the mechanicals. I am presently working on the rear end, I have relocated the springs back to the stock location and I will be putting the torque links back on, with the spring perches back to the original position, I will leave the torque links just as I found them painted R/W/B. The only reason I took the undercoating off was the previous owner painted over the undercoating and it looked absolutely terrible, I am just going to put Rust Check or similar on it to preserve it. The interior really doesn't need anything, the engine needs a complete rebuild, it has been torn down however it will need an overbore. I will leave the exterior as is, however I will touch up the small paint chips the best I can, as anyone does during normal ownership. I want to be careful to not do too much to it. regards Pete
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 4:26pm
Awesome,
 Any period race car with old school modifications are more interesting to me, than ten stock restorations.

Steve
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Slate Slate wrote:

Awesome,
 Any period race car with old school modifications are more interesting to me, than ten stock restorations.

Steve

Yeah buddy!
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Slate Slate wrote:

Awesome,

Steve

X3! Clap

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic