TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Wasted 50 Buck`s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wasted 50 Buck`s
    Posted: Jul/22/2018 at 1:19pm
OK so i went with solid trans cooler lines....Bending line`s is an art and i enjoy it but to save some time i ordered prebent lines...Never buying prebent lines before i went with Fine Lines...The box was 6 inches narrower than the lines...I should have stopped there...i reshaped the lines got them up in the car to find out the bend for the bell housing was in the wrong spot by over an inch...I guess at this point i will correct all there mistakes and use them as a pattern for a new set i will bend up...
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
knobbler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2018 at 3:03pm
That's aggravating to have the bend that far off for fitment, while being that close to where it actually needs to be. Really makes getting a bender tool on the line a challenge (if not an impossibility). Been there. Good luck with getting them as you need them!

If it turns out that they end up not working for you because of where the bends are, I've used the epoxy-coated lines that the parts stores carry under different names. Makes for a good compromise between corrosion resistance and ease of bending, and it's not that expensive. I want to say I paid around $12 for a 51" length? Maybe a couple bucks less?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic