TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Who sold most Jeeps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dc7730 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who sold most Jeeps
    Posted: Nov/18/2016 at 6:58am
I understand that more Jeeps where sold out of a small local dealer in Pickens S.C. than any other dealer in the world. At least that's what the former owner tells me. 
I hear a lot of stories and have seen a lot of photo's and memorabilia from the glory days, he's also shown me a collection of his personal Jeeps, the very first one he sold and the last one that was on the showroom floor.
Hinkle Jeep sold more jeeps than ANYONE ! he never advertised and never even put up a sign on his building. 
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2016 at 7:42am
Very interesting!
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

Budwisr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budwisr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2016 at 9:28am

1970 AMX 1980 AMX
<br
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2019 at 1:00pm
sure became an interesting Read   THANKS
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2019 at 2:34pm
In the early 1970s I was told that Avedisian Motors in Phelps, NY was the largest and oldest Jeep dealer in NY state. No knowledge how they ranked nationally but all the other dealers in the region went to them for parts.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
amxron View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2022 at 11:26pm
An AMC/Jeep zone rep told me about them back in the 70's when I worked for Orbit AMC in Brentwood Md.

Ron.
AMXron
Fleet/Jeep Mgr.
Orbit AMC/Jeep
50-1787
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic