TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1968 REBEL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
satz31 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satz31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2012 at 5:09pm
Good God man! Those are some nice intakes but the money needs to go somewhere else. 
Zioamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zioamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2012 at 8:13pm
WOW I really love the direction you are going with you car the drawing is really off the hook hope ya don't mind i usually don't mess with someones sketch but the rims did nothing for the car Sooo man you build this Rebel like the drawing what a head turner now get busy !!! LOL      
      .....1969 Sc/Rambler....
BADJAV390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BADJAV390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2012 at 4:46pm
http://www.keislerauto.com/ss700.html

new trans coming out in August from Keisler check it out
1968 AMX 390/4spd
1969 Jav 600 HP Alfano 390 Protouring
1970 Javelin SST 390/4spd
next..71 amx 401/4spd, 70 AMX 390 4spd, 69 sc/rambler, 69 AMX BBO 390 4spd
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2012 at 6:14pm
Love the black, white and red rendering...nice looking concept.
satz31 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satz31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2012 at 8:06am
The wheel and tire combo is a loooooong ways off yet. I had thoughts of deep dish Halibrands that would sort of tie it in to a bit of old school. At the end of the day, I'm a 5 spoke guy, whether its throwback Cragar's or a modern style wheel....
satz31 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satz31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2012 at 8:17am
I'm also working on a design for an extremely low profile hood scoop, similar to the one I designed for this reworked front end on this Ambo. I'm not going to just throw on a Machine scoop. Not only has that been done to death, but I believe those should stay on Machine's.
oxide80 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxide80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2012 at 7:37am
I like the pro touring concept you have for your Rebel, I had always wanted to see that done to one.  Now you got me thinking about what to do to my 68 Rebel....
AmcKidd View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmcKidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2012 at 9:06am
Originally posted by satz31 satz31 wrote:

Thanks for the input guys. I won't be building my own engine for this one, but I do have a friend of mine who has done alot of pro street stuff that I have confidence in. I think I will stick with the 20 rear and update it. I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to mini tub it, but depending on what size meats I put back there, that could change. I'll check out the tranny options over the weekend.... I better fatten up my wallet just so I can thin it back out again...

i have put 12.5 wide tires on a 67 rebel with no wheelhouse mods- there is a lot more room than you think
Oroville, Ca
RebelYell View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebelYell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2012 at 4:31pm
I like the chrome.
iamramblinrod View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamramblinrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2012 at 7:46pm
I like your ideas ,I had a 68 Rebel for 20 years with a few tricked
out items on it .I just completed a 69 Ambassador DPL  with a
complete makeover .
send me your email # and I will send pics
my email is   iamramblinoutback@gmail.com
thanks
iamramblinrod
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic