TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2023 amo show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2022 at 7:22am
Originally posted by 71SC360 71SC360 wrote:

Originally posted by 6768rogues 6768rogues wrote:

Is there going to be trailer parking at the show site?

Are you trailering your car?

If you do and you want to park it at my place and drive your car the rest of the hour and a half trip you're more than welcome. I am on the way and not that far from 81.

I am trailering my car. We will probably go via the Columbus route to visit family on the way and return on 81. Thanks for the offer, Joe.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2022 at 8:17pm
Registered and booked a hotel. Big question now is do I drive the Hornet or take the Highlander and make it more of a vacation and parts shopping trip? That decision can wait until it's closer to show time.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2022 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

Registered and booked a hotel. Big question now is do I drive the Hornet or take the Highlander and make it more of a vacation and parts shopping trip? That decision can wait until it's closer to show time.
Vacation. Visit Gatlinburg and the mountains while you are here.
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2022 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

That sounds like a good idea. Made the trip to St Louis and to Gettysburg in the Hornet so I know it will make the trip but as I have gotten older comfort is becoming a higher priority. LOL

Not to mention that the Highlander gets more than double the gas mileage.

Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2022 at 6:33pm

That sounds like a good idea. Made the trip to St Louis and to Gettysburg in the Hornet so I know it will make the trip but as I have gotten older comfort is becoming a higher priority. LOL

Those 2 reasons are why I don't drive one of my AMC's to the shows. Well, that and I have no desire to show a car. I generally limit my drives to about 10-30 miles when I take them out. Have you been to this area before?
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2022 at 8:20am

Those 2 reasons are why I don't drive one of my AMC's to the shows. Well, that and I have no desire to show a car. I generally limit my drives to about 10-30 miles when I take them out. Have you been to this area before?
I put the Hornet in display only. What might tip the decision in favor of the Hornet would be swapping the TH400 transmission for an overdrive transmission by then. I have the adapter to use a 700R4 but I am not sure I feel it would be worth the time and money to make the change at this point. Since the Hornet gets 15 mpg on average the fuel stops and rest stops kind of match up which is a good thing at my age. LOL

The wife and I did a trip covering Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and Cherokee many years ago. I have not been in that area since then so I am looking forward to this excuse to head on over that way again.

dkrtgood View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkrtgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2022 at 8:22am
Planning on this trip, a nice short 700 miles. For sure planning on hitting Tail of the Dragon each way. Probably enter in the driven class as I don't really worry about that trophy crap. still breaking in new motor with almost 500 miles on it in a month so I have plenty of time to gain confidence in the new build. Should be a great road trip. 
Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2022 at 9:45am
My current cars are drivers rather than show cars. I did drive the '72 to Colorado Springs for the 2021 AMO but Knoxville is a bit far for my liking. Will likely trailer a car and show as "display only" if I go at all.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

target View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote target Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2022 at 2:07pm
So which hotels are the host hotels? How far away from the show field? I'm close by so trying to decide if I need a hotel room or not.
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2022 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by target target wrote:

So which hotels are the host hotels? How far away from the show field? I'm close by so trying to decide if I need a hotel room or not.
Host hotels are at Exit 398 (Strawberry Plains Road) off I-40. I don't know which hotels but there is a Hampton Inn and a Holiday Inn Express at that exit. Show field is at Carter High School on North Carter School Road. Google Map it. I would guess hotels are 4 to 5 miles away.

Edit: Eddie, I meant to add that it is on your end of Knoxville, before you actually get into town and before where I-640 starts, from your direction. If you google Carter School Road, it is in Strawberry Plains, TN.

Edited by Sonic Silver - Nov/27/2022 at 4:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic