TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

360 Intake Advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2023 at 10:49am
Originally posted by sweatlock sweatlock wrote:

The Torker has an exhaust heat crossover as well as a provision for a stock hot air choke setup - interestingly, it’s the only Edelbrock AMC intake to have the latter:

I am not recommending or not for an Offenhauser 360 Equaflow intake, but it also has a provision for the hot air choke hookup. I thought that was interesting when I bought one. I don't know about the Offy Dual Port. Like you said, I don't think many aftermarket intakes have that.
ericdowneast View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdowneast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2023 at 10:56am
I believe the Offy Dual port does have the choke set up. (At least the one I had did)  For a mostly stock or mild upgraded motor it is a good intake with good throttle response.  The Comp Cams 268H with 3.54 gears with a manual trans was very fun to drive in a daily driver '74 Javelin.
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2023 at 11:23am
I know you're already over budget, but I would really hate to put the iron 2v intake back on. Ideally you need an Edelbrock Performer or the Holley Z intake. I am sure someone on here would do an intake trade for your Torker and in my opinion cover the shipping for both. I really don't think the single plane is the best option in your application. So at the bare minimum I would put an aluminum intake on it and find a 4V to 2V adapter in the short term. Then later on you can buy a 600 AFB (1406 part #), which are around $100 on Facebook Marketplace. 

Tom
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2023 at 12:11pm
When I needed a 4-barrel carb for my 360, I contacted Rod's Carburetor in Phoenix, who sold me a rebuilt Holley 600 for $275.  Perhaps you have an old-school carb shop like that near you, otherwise Rod does excellent work and will ship.  Phone (602) 272 4992. rodscarb@yahoo.com.  He has 5-star reviews on Google and has done a couple of carbs for me now, but shipping cost might make it better for you to find someone locally if you can.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Midnight Rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midnight Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2023 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by ericdowneast ericdowneast wrote:

I believe the Offy Dual port does have the choke set up. (At least the one I had did)  For a mostly stock or mild upgraded motor it is a good intake with good throttle response.  The Comp Cams 268H with 3.54 gears with a manual trans was very fun to drive in a daily driver '74 Javelin.

Mine has the choke set up with a block plate on it.  I'd go with a DP and 500cfm 4v for a "Jeep" application, but the OP already has a Torker and wants it more streetable so I'd use it with a 600cfm on that 360.

'66 American 440 Convertible 290/M-40/AMC 20 3.15/PS/PB
'04 Jeep Wrangler X Rocky Mountain Edition 4.0 5sp
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2023 at 3:31pm
Since you are already way over budget, I think you have two options.

Install the heavy 2V intake & carb for now. Installation will be easier, especially if your Jeep is an automatic. Less fabrication needed for the throttle linkage & kickdown. Set the Torker aside for if you ever decide to go for more power.

Install the Torker, used an inexpensive adapter like NDA posted & run the 2V carb.  Upgrade down the road for a 4V carb some day.
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2023 at 6:20pm
Just toss on the intake and 28 buck Mr gasket adapter from Amazon and drive. Since your budget's broke, why add to it? Get it on the road then you can play later
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2023 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Heavy 488 Heavy 488 wrote:

Just toss on the intake and 28 buck Mr gasket adapter from Amazon and drive. Since your budget's broke, why add to it? Get it on the road then you can play later
x2
I've ran a 2bbl with a torker. To answer the question "Who would do that?"

SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2023 at 8:17am
And it worked.
Earth didn't split open beneath you.
Sky didn't turn black.
Locusts didn't strip the fieldsLOL
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2023 at 8:28am
"WHO WOULD DO THAT?"
LOL

SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic