TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Memorabilia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

67 American price change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 67 American price change
    Posted: Apr/19/2023 at 2:30pm
This is from the Canadian Xray brochue which is blue, This page was stapled over the original page I think some of you my find this interesting.
70,71,72 AMXS View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,71,72 AMXS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2023 at 6:09am
Yes, interesting!  Too bad I had to use a magnifying glass to read it... So great getting old.
Bruce in NW Ohio
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2023 at 7:28am
The Canadian dollar must have taken a beating against the US dollar during the '67 model year. Price changes during the model year were common in the US when inflation was on the rise.
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
Ken Doyle View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Doyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2023 at 1:35pm
AMC cars weren't selling well during 1967, so they did a mid-year price drop.  The local Rambler dealer here put an ad in the paper reading "Housewife's special -- Rambler American 79¢ a pound".

The car I bought from my neighbor many years ago neighbor came with the original dealer receipt from Lakeview Rambler in Woodcliff Lake NJ.  The car was ordered to the customer's specs:

1967 American 220 4-door sedan

Paint -- stallion metallic brown
HD springs & shocks
rear snow tires in place of regular tires
automatic transmission

Total price $2143.43

Edited by Ken Doyle - Apr/20/2023 at 1:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic