TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Bought Myself a Jeep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bought Myself a Jeep
    Posted: Sep/15/2017 at 5:24pm
Just bought myself a 1982 Jeep:

Don't know too much about it yet, 360 powered and I assume Aussie assembled.

Doesn't run, but hopefully not too much wrong with it.
JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2017 at 5:33pm
Nice. I had several of those in my day. Right hand drive is interesting to us here! How many miles on it>
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

SPEED COSTS MONEY HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2017 at 6:28pm
COOL
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2017 at 7:33pm
Thumbs Up
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 10:09am
COOL...I have a 1990 Jeep GW....mother MOPAR built but AMC 360 powered....still had AMC logos on the hoses....
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 5:25pm
I'm still waiting for the tilt tray driver to pick it up for me, it is a Jeep after all , so I still haven't seen it in the flesh yet.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2017 at 6:49am
Few more pics of the Jeep:

Arrived home in a fitting manner for a Jeep:

Gotta love the license plate:

The bad side, the rest of the flat black needs to go anyway, but the body itself is pretty solid:

360 power to match the plates:

Interior doesn't look too bad other than the steering wheel being in a funny location:

Just have to see if I can get it running now.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2017 at 8:36am
Had a bit of a tinker today.

Checked fluids, all fine except the radiator is dry.

Swapped out the dead battery so it now has some power.

Turned the engine over by hand to find that its not seized.

Ran power direct to the starter solenoid and it cranks over fine on the starter.

Bypassed the transmission cooler in the bottom of the radiator as a precaution after the experience of my Gremlin filling up the transmission with coolant due to a leak there. I also found that it has had an external transmission cooler installed so the one in the radiator is pretty much redundant anyway.

Found that someone has installed one of those cheap facet electric fuel pumps, which makes a heck of a racket when you power it up, but I haven't determined if it will actually pump fuel yet. I will probably just go back to a mechanical pump for simplicity anyway. I had to buy one for my Gremlin a couple of weeks back and in my wisdom bought a second spare one at the time, so I must have known something was coming.

found the Jeep has the remnants of a dual fuel LPG (propane) system and also an electronic security immobiliser installed, neither of which are likely to be functional, so I'm now trying to work out a minimalist wiring setup for the ignition to bypass all of that and see if it will actually fire up.

Wish me luck.
steinercj5 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steinercj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2017 at 9:57am
I like it- hope you get it going without too much trouble. Some interesting "upgrades" like the cowl hood, steering wheel cover, and awesome dash cover. Enjoy it.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2017 at 7:32pm
Busy day at work:

PS: Steinercj5, I'm pretty sure all of those awesome upgrades will end up in the bin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic