TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Dealership photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2015 at 9:00am
The Hornet Hatchback "X" was a very good looking car.

Merry Christmas!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2015 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Mr. Ed Mr. Ed wrote:

The Hornet Hatchback "X" was a very good looking car.

Merry Christmas!
Mr. Ed

You betcha'.  That's why I bought one back in the day.Wink
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
Dan390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2016 at 11:56pm
I wasn't aware of this dealership project until tonight, forgive me if either of these are already listed on the thread, I don't have time to read through it all now.

Besides the previously listed White Bear AMC from Minnesota, there also was Winn Stephan's AMC-Jeep-Buick in St. Louis Park Minnesota (near the Twin Cities).

And below is a pic of RON GOODE RAMBLER TOYOTA (1825 Park St. Alameda CA.) where my wife's 69 Javelin SST was sold new. The pic is current, it's a scooter dealership and if you do a web search there are other pics of the entire structure, but so far I cannot locate any vintage pics with AMC's unfortunately, if anyone does please let me know!
81eagle88 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81eagle88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2016 at 7:38pm
Snyder AMC .....Corner of Madison Ave and Auburn Blvd, Sacramento, CA.
mc5fan1968 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc5fan1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2016 at 4:01pm
Very cool!
mc5fan@msn.com
lrallen View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2017 at 8:24am
 I was there 8/25/2017 Strasburg Va stopped and looked around. 5 Vehicles inside the top floor and 3 in the downstairs. Including a 70 Javelin and a Rebel Machine RWB both bodies were very wavy.
AMC Forever
tedjr1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2019 at 5:42am
Too bad photobucket did away with their free hosting
tom67 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2019 at 1:34pm

Pick of Dealer then and now. Original bill of sale. Car today.
Tom
1967 Ambassador DPL
AMO #10582
tom67 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2019 at 1:38pm
Forgot window sticker!
Tom
1967 Ambassador DPL
AMO #10582
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2019 at 2:26pm
I see that your DPL had the rare, 67 only, "Satin Chrome" lower body factory paint option. Didn't see this option very often. When the DPL had the option it got the same type of lower body side moldings as used on the 67 Marlin and some 67 Rebels. They differed in that the paint stripe within the molding was black instead of red as used on the Marlins. In addition, the standard rocker moldings were not installed and the shorter, not quite full wheel opening moldings were used. It was a classy look.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
  Share Topic