TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > The Final Chapter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dick Teague wanted to buy neighbor custom Corvette
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Dick Teague wanted to buy neighbor custom Corvette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dick Teague wanted to buy neighbor custom Corvette
    Posted: May/02/2021 at 6:10pm
Here's a little know story about Dick Teague. A friend of mine, who has since passed away, named Art Richards had a custom corvette shop in Orange County California. He did lots of crazy custom vette's for his customers through the 70's and into the 80's. When he retired to Fallbrook, California he brought home the wildest vette he had ever built. As it turn out, Dick Teague, who also retired to Fallbrook, was his neighbor. Art would go over to Dick's house and admire the AMX/3. When Dick would go to Art's house he would admire his custom vette. Dick talked about buying the car many times, but never did. Tom Ricotta, showed me the pictures of the custom vette this afternoon. enjoy!

Edited by AMX390 - May/03/2021 at 12:23pm
I love The AMC forum!

http://www.amx390.com

Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2021 at 6:21pm
As the owner of several different Corvettes over the last 45 years, that is one of the ugliest ones that I have ever seen.
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2021 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

As the owner of several different Corvettes over the last 45 years, that is one of the ugliest ones that I have ever seen.

LOL Yeah and it's still nicer the than the C8. Sick

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2021 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Mopar_guy Mopar_guy wrote:

Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

LOL Yeah and it's still nicer the than the C8. Sick
Funny. I am no fan of the C8, but that thing is worse, in my opinion. It is "Corvette Summer" movie bad.
garweb3 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote garweb3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2021 at 7:51pm
I have to agree with you but the engine looks interesting.
1974 Javelin AMX
1980 Spirit AMX
1987 Jeep Comanche Sportruck
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2021 at 8:07pm
Dick had a sense of style........until the desire to own that oinker.......
they call me Capt RETIRED!
AMX390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2021 at 8:35pm
I also noticed some resemblance to "Corvette Summer". It's over the top for sure. You would be sure to get a lot of attention. I like the C8.

Edited by AMX390 - May/02/2021 at 8:37pm
I love The AMC forum!

http://www.amx390.com

george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2021 at 9:54pm
Dick, who had very good design taste, must have said that just to flatter his neighbor. How could Dick, who designed the beautiful AMX/3, possibly stomach the looks of that hideous Vette much less want to own it. (No offense, as Rodney Dangerfield once said.)
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2021 at 7:54am
It looks like they took every leftover piece they had in the shop and fastened it onto the car somewhere.  Kind of an automotive version of a collage.
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2021 at 9:31am
Originally posted by 6PakBee 6PakBee wrote:

It looks like they took every leftover piece they had in the shop and fastened it onto the car somewhere.  Kind of an automotive version of a collage.
Maybe they raided the Von Piranha AMX for some spares?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic