TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68-70 AMX & Jav Window Stabilizer Kit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2022 at 11:52am
I finally got a writeup on the spacer strips put together, so for those of you that were wondering what to do with those this should help. They pop into the stainless weatherstrip channel and push the weatherstrip just a little bit out toward the glass.

1968 AMX 390 w/T5
cone View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2022 at 6:40am
PM sent
1987 J20, 87 Grand Wagoneer,70AMX,
cmyatt1313 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmyatt1313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2022 at 3:45pm
Do you have any of the 69 Javelin Window Stabilizer kits and roller kits available?
amxron View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2022 at 12:15am
Has this project gotten off the ground? I could use a couple sets.

Ron.
AMXron
Fleet/Jeep Mgr.
Orbit AMC/Jeep
50-1787
Turtle View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2022 at 9:19am
Yes just PM him. Works great, way more tight likely then when new. I have to re adjust my window again, after installing I could not get it up and in as far with all the up and in adjustments, but have not had time to work on it. Hoping I can get it as tight as it was before with more adjusting.
1969 AMX 390 4 speed
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2022 at 10:23am
I’m in for a kit if they’re available now.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
Johnvelin View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnvelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2022 at 8:38pm
Will these kits work on a 1971 Javelin?
Greyhounds_AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2022 at 9:12pm
They won't, but there was another thread on the forum where kits for the 71-up cars were being made.

I'm making more of these kits now, so if anyone is interested in a kit let me know via PM and I'll add you to the list. 

Thanks,

Chris
1968 AMX 390 w/T5
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2022 at 6:11pm
Well, it looks like it'll be a few more weeks on the stabilizer kits, as the polyurethane resin I use to mold the rollers isn't behaving properly. I think the resin may have absorbed moisture from the air in the container, hard to say. I've order new supplies though and will be back at it soon.

Sorry for the delay guys - I'll keep you posted.

1968 AMX 390 w/T5
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2022 at 9:13am
***  POSSIBLE PROBLEM ISSUE FOUND WITH 69-70 KITS ***

We just had an issue with the kit fitment on a 69 car, where the socket head cap screw that holds the new front travel stop was too long and contacted the door sheet metal when tightened, damaging the door. This only happened on one side of the car, not both, so it must be related to the location of the window channels in the door, which evidently can vary alot from car to car.

IF YOU HAVE ONE OF MY 69-70 KITS AND HAVEN'T INSTALLED IT YET PLEASE HOLD OFF ON INSTALLING IT

I'm going to revise the front travel stop a little and optimize the front screw length so that when installed the screw can't protrude beyond the channel, that way there can never be an issue. I'll send out new parts to everyone with the 69-70 kits that I can identify from my PM box.

This isn't an issue on the 68 kit as the front channel setup and front travel stop are completely different.

Sorry for the trouble everyone, hopefully we can catch this early and prevent hurting anyone's cars.

Chris
1968 AMX 390 w/T5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic