TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

67 American

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,71,72 AMXS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2024 at 8:41am
The 360 is in the hole and the TKX is behind it. Now on to modifying the tranny crossmember and clutch linkage. The Advanced Adaptors bellhousing is pretty stout and hangs a couple inches lower than a stock housing. Might trim that a little..
Bruce in NW Ohio
70,71,72 AMXS View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,71,72 AMXS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2024 at 7:18am
Crossmember is done and now experimenting with the clutch rod. The Advanced Adaptors clutch fork is apparently a GM style. Two holes with "V" notches on the front side. They sell a wedge piece to fit into the V. Not sure I liked the metal to metal connection, so I fabbed up my own wedge using UHMW plastic and cobbled together (for now) a clutch rod for it. Works nice and smooth, but I plan to do a lot of testing to see if the material will hold up.
Bruce in NW Ohio
Have2SC's View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have2SC's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2024 at 5:18pm
 no replacement for 360 displacementBig smile
1971 SC360 Hornet 4 speed   1970 Javelin 390 4 speed "Base Model" 1967 Rambler 220 X code 343 4 speed
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,71,72 AMXS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2024 at 6:19am
Thanks Lee. Hopefully I can get the AMC 15 rear replaced before blowing it up..
Bruce in NW Ohio
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,71,72 AMXS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2024 at 7:41am
 Booger drives nice and the additional cubic inches pulls nicely. Only about 475 more miles on the clutch before I can really lay into it.. Of course the engine/trans swap was going too well so something had to happen. New heater core for '71-'73 Mustangs fits in there like it was made for it. Too bad both the inlet and outlet are 5/8".
Bruce in NW Ohio
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,71,72 AMXS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/29/2024 at 6:21am
This weekend looks like I may get to put some miles on the car, so I finished replacing the glove box. The original came out in bite size pieces when I did the heater core..
Bruce in NW Ohio
vjh rambler View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vjh rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/29/2024 at 10:25am
I followed your project for quite a while back when you started this post, because it reminded me of my 2dr post car.  For some reason I lost track of your progress and am only just now catching back up. It's a little late now to chime in on Kenoshakicker's comment about an American with a 70 Ram Air scoop, but that is my car.  I haven't had much luck posting pictures, but it's a Youtube video called "69 Rambler American - Done". I actually put that scoop on 2 different Americans, mine and a station wagon for a friend.  Anyway, I really like your car and all of the modifications you have made to it.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,71,72 AMXS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/29/2024 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by vjh rambler vjh rambler wrote:

I followed your project for quite a while back when you started this post, because it reminded me of my 2dr post car.  For some reason I lost track of your progress and am only just now catching back up. It's a little late now to chime in on Kenoshakicker's comment about an American with a 70 Ram Air scoop, but that is my car.  I haven't had much luck posting pictures, but it's a Youtube video called "69 Rambler American - Done". I actually put that scoop on 2 different Americans, mine and a station wagon for a friend.  Anyway, I really like your car and all of the modifications you have made to it.
Thank you. I had actually saved a '70 AMX hood for a few years, wondering what I could use the scoop on. Ended up selling it to a guy who wanted it for a Skylark!
 Now, your car is fantastic. Really nice, great detail. I'm hoping to stay out of trouble with my car and am thinking I wouldn't have a drivers license very long driving yours..
Bruce in NW Ohio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic