TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

NEW: Window channel for 1967-78 Big Cars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnRyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW: Window channel for 1967-78 Big Cars
    Posted: May/04/2023 at 5:32am
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc of Windber, PA has flocked rubber window channel for the 1967 to 1978 Rebel, Matador and Ambassador 4 door sedans and wagons. An original NOS piece was used as a pattern. Samples were made and test fit before approval of the final product.

The product is bulk (not pre-cut). A front door needs about 5 feet and a rear door about 7.5 feet. In my experience I would order a foot or two extra to practice cutting the corner slits, punching the clearance holes for the mounting bosses and cutting the forward end of the front door channel (where it meets the vent window).

There is other window channel in the marketplace labeled as fitting the 1967-78 big cars, but the ones I used had a different profile. They fit the frame but were not correct. In one case the base was so thick it prevented the rear windows from closing completely.

This just came out. Go to Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc website and click on NEWS. The item number is AS6778AMC.
Adolph John Rydzewski
Newark, Delaware
1972 Ambassador 4dr Brougham, 360/2BBL/727 purchased new
1968 AMX 390/Auto
1957 Hudson Hollywood 327/Auto
1975 Cadillac Eldorado
1992 Lumina Z34 5 speed
b1gbird1971 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1gbird1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2023 at 1:05pm
thanks for this.
JohnRyd View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnRyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2023 at 10:03am
Just installed the channel on the passenger side front window of the Ambassador. It fits beautifully.
Of course while I was at it I cleaned and lubed the window and lock mechanisms and installed a new outer "fuzzie". One door down, Three to go.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I can give you the dimensions and cut locations for the front door channel. They are the same for either front door from 1967 to 1978 Rebel, Matador & Ambassador 4 door sedans and wagons.
Adolph John Rydzewski
Newark, Delaware
1972 Ambassador 4dr Brougham, 360/2BBL/727 purchased new
1968 AMX 390/Auto
1957 Hudson Hollywood 327/Auto
1975 Cadillac Eldorado
1992 Lumina Z34 5 speed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic