TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Aviaid pan in a SC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetsFNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aviaid pan in a SC
    Posted: Jun/08/2023 at 12:39pm
I’m stupid and bought an Aviaid external pickup pan thinking I wouldn’t have a problem. Only to realize the pickup physically doesn’t work with the rambler engine mount. Has anyone ever gotten one of these pans to work? Or should I just sell the Aviaid and find something else. I’m honestly sick and tired of this oil pan and Aviaid in general. 

LetsFNgo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetsFNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2023 at 1:17pm
Did the easy thing and swapped back to a stock pan for now. Guess I’ll just have to put this engine and pan into an amx or javelin eventually. 
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2023 at 10:18pm
Did you tell them it was going into a small body car?  Aviaid has been making AMC pans for 55 years and I can't believe that they haven't made one for a small body yet.  Hornets have been in road racing since day two, and I would assume that at least one of them has used an Aviaid pan in the last 50 years.
LetsFNgo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetsFNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2023 at 8:18am
Yes. I sent an email after I ordered it to verify I ordered the correct pan. I got back a 2 word email because I asked if anything needed to be different since this is more of a drag build vs road racing. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic