TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Impact Wrench

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Impact Wrench
    Posted: Nov/15/2022 at 7:18am
I just found a good deal with Lowe's online, I don't know if it is available at the stores. It's a Bosch 18 volt impact wrench, model GDS18V-740N for $259 but I also got the charger and an extra battery for free, it's normally $229 or you can get two extra batteries for free, normally an extra $249. I even got another 10% off for being former military.
1987 J20, 87 Grand Wagoneer,70AMX,
bulletpruf View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulletpruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2022 at 3:36pm
Thanks for the heads-up.  

I'm in the Milwaukee M18 mafia, but I recently branched out and got one of their M12 drivers for lighter duty stuff.  
Please check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck shenanigans! https://www.youtube.com/@THEBULLETPROOFGARAGE
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2022 at 7:59pm
DeWalt 20V MAX XR High Torque 1/2” DCF899HB, bought lightly-used off eBay for $150. Awesome 
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2022 at 10:37am
My son gave me a DeWalt XR impact wrench but I haven’t tried it yet. Supposedly it develops 1400lb. ft of break away torque. That should be enough to bust bolts and cause damage, something I am good at.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
Islander View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2022 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by bulletpruf bulletpruf wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up.  

I'm in the Milwaukee M18 mafia, but I recently branched out and got one of their M12 drivers for lighter duty stuff.  

More Milwaukee Mafia here.  I've got the M12 3/8" impact and the M18 1/2" impact.  The M12 is handy and has a slimmer profile but doesn't have the break-loose power of the M18.  Been trying to reduce the air tools as much as I can.
bulletpruf View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulletpruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2022 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Islander Islander wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up.  

More Milwaukee Mafia here.  I've got the M12 3/8" impact and the M18 1/2" impact.  The M12 is handy and has a slimmer profile but doesn't have the break-loose power of the M18.  Been trying to reduce the air tools as much as I can.

The M12 is what I use about 80% of the time because it's so light and compact and has the balls for most jobs I'm doing these days.
Please check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck shenanigans! https://www.youtube.com/@THEBULLETPROOFGARAGE
Islander View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2022 at 11:55am

The M12 is what I use about 80% of the time because it's so light and compact and has the balls for most jobs I'm doing these days.

Weight and size are definitely in favour of the M12, and one of the reasons I got it.  But when it comes to breaking gland nuts and other higher torque or resistant nuts loose I find it falls on it's face.  Higher AH batteries seems to give it better drive, but the M18 definitely has more oomph.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic