TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

MPFI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM XTASY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MPFI
    Posted: Jun/03/2023 at 3:17pm
First total mock up with my MPFI Torker

wrebelmachine View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrebelmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2023 at 10:06am
That looks nice and even on your set up. Keep us posted on results
mbwicz View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbwicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2023 at 5:16am
  Take some time and think about how you will be running your fuel lines and what regulator you will be using.  On my car, I have the crossover setup in the front.  My feed is on the driver side rear rail and the regulator is plugged into the rear of the passenger rail (edelbrock regulator).  I had to add a clamp to get the crossover away from the thermostat housing.
  I've also seen pics of a setup with 180 degree fittings plumbed the feed and return into the front of the rails and use a rear crossover.
  And figure out your throttle cable and return spring setup, since there is no boss to mount the factory bracket.
  Just a couple of thoughts before you get everything painted and finished!

Mike
1970 AMX, one step forward, one step back. Both steps cost time and money.
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2023 at 8:04am
I created one before deciding to go boosted then changed to Edelbrock Pro Flow EFI.

J

wrebelmachine View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrebelmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2023 at 9:45am
Very nice!
AM XTASY View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM XTASY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2023 at 4:38pm
Ohh I already have got it all planned out in my head. I’ll be dead heading the system at the rails kind of how some new OEM crates are. So one regulated supply will be split rear of the motor to feed both rails, yeah the system has some draw backs with handling debris but it will allow for a cleaner install. As for the throttle cable mount, I’ll be 3D printing brackets to check fit before having them laser cut. Same with the rail tie ins. 
AM XTASY View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM XTASY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2023 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by JGRANTAMX JGRANTAMX wrote:

I created one before deciding to go boosted then changed to Edelbrock Pro Flow EFI.

J

If it wasn’t for saving up for aluminum heads and working for a competitor to Edelbrock that probably would have been my route. Though making this intake has been a bit of fun.
AM XTASY View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AM XTASY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2023 at 12:46pm
Took a break from modeling the rail hold downs and started playing with a valve cover crossover breather system. All tacked now I just gotta burn it together.

AM XTASY View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AM XTASY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2023 at 8:11am
Another closer look

i6cj7 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i6cj7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2023 at 7:05pm
That. Is. NEAT. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic