TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

S/C 360

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2023 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by sweatlock sweatlock wrote:

So how did the Airtex fuel pump collapse three lifters? Is this a mechanical fuel pump and the diaphragm ruptured, diluting the oil with gasoline? 
one thing had nothing to do with the other.... was pulling the intake and seen fuel dripping from the weep hole. and FYI .i have only used airtex pumps twice ... and both only lasted a day, the one i put in my Ram Charger went away at night plowing snow. 
its the little things that make the biggest difference
hacksaw1971 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2023 at 2:43am
   as i look back on the time i have spent on my S/C has been a good learning tool. Ian's build and how well it was posted on here was a big help. chatting with folks on here and on the phone was cool too. driving 600 miles round trip and spending 10X the cost of the part on fuel to go get a 20 buck part was worth it. the road trip wasn't about the part anyway. have met some good folks and met some that don't help give AMC folks a good name but still worth it.  as i go along i have learner that my S/C is is mostly original other than the purple paint and the 401. date cods work with the build date anyway so thats kinda cool. tracked down a compleat all original engine rite down to the from the factory cap rotor wires and yellow top coil hose clamps nuts and bolts. all still said ac delco on them. tract down another boat anchor with all the original smog  still on it. pump, brackets, pully's deverter valve and hoses still have the AMC numbers and lettering. she sat around for to long but getting the new mill back in her has got me moving on her again. still need a clip or 2 and one part that just don't live on this planet anymore that i can find anyway and will have to make from pics of it.  its 3:25 AM and i can't sleep  .. bringing a car that was a drag car for over 30 years back to the street  is no small task as you know.... so i guess this is a long winded way of saying thanks to everyone that had a hand in bringing my car back.  a car i spend decades trying to own to replace the 2 i had and lost to divorce in the 80's. sence i got the life time ban from FB (no big loss other than the S/C page) this has been the place to be. hope to see yall  next season at a show or 2. she mite still be purple then but i really don't care .. long as i get to drive her again.....

Edited by hacksaw1971 - Feb/23/2023 at 2:53am
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2023 at 5:08pm
ordered new ball joints and a few other things the steering needed.  going to put the disc stoppers on it. these NPD's just ain't enuff for her anymore.  got the new carb for her today.  if the weather holds. tomarow i will put the inner springs back in. swap out the rocker studs for the 7/16 studs and the 1.6 full roller rockers. im going to have to find a hood i can cut a hole in to run on it and put the stock hood away with the stock intake and carb. im gona pat myself on the back just a bit on this mill. taking my time and matching the parts for what i wanted was well worth it. she is a beast. and still drive it to the store without getting hot or loading up. traction??? what traction. ...lol changed my mind and got the 750 but im sure a 850 will be on it at some point.
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2023 at 12:28pm
ok ... test fitting and bending up some hard line. hate rubber line under the hood. looks bad and less likely to have a CAR-B-Q. will be running a wilson 4 hole tapered 1 in spacer. and i bent it like that knowing it will be an inch higher and to clear the coil that i will have to relocate to the front of the head. got the ol we out of stock and no clue when it will be  email 3 days after i ordered the 850.  so i changed my mind and decided to go with the 750. it was in stock and 350 bucks saved. still need to do some stuff for looks but she is up and running and thats all im worrying about rite now... and yes .. all the stock stuff i boxed up for the next owner. 

Edited by hacksaw1971 - Mar/02/2023 at 12:35pm
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2023 at 12:49pm
The car is looking great!  I think you'll be better off with the 750 anyway. 

How many SC360s were made, BTW?
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2023 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

The car is looking great!  I think you'll be better off with the 750 anyway. 

How many SC360s were made, BTW?

784 .... if i remember rite.
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2023 at 3:43pm
Looks nice!

Is it possible to plumb the fuel line in to the driver's side of the float bowls, so you wouldn't have to move the coil, & get a shorter fuel line?  Yeah, I know, I'd hate to put a wrench on that new shiny carb!
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2023 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by scott scott wrote:

Looks nice!

Is it possible to plumb the fuel line in to the driver's side of the float bowls, so you wouldn't have to move the coil, & get a shorter fuel line?  Yeah, I know, I'd hate to put a wrench on that new shiny carb!
 mite could have ..  but linkage is there.  i already had it stick wide open on me yesterday ...  rather not have anything anyplace near that side of the carb. then the dizzy is there. id rather not have a fuel line that close to it. the whole spark fuel thing. ....  jmo

Edited by hacksaw1971 - Mar/02/2023 at 6:58pm
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2023 at 2:24pm
light check.... working back up lights on a 52 year old 4 speed car ... love it
i know .. wrong color high bean light

Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2023 at 1:11pm
    Such a nice day I put 53 miles on her yesterday. took a buddy for a ride and turned the tires into smoke a few times just showing off.  Ya .  can't beleave im saying this. But the stock-ish carb and intake  are going back on it. she drives good and so forth but its just to much for the street. 750 is dialed in and new power valve better suited for it.  all she wants to do is melt tires. All ya have to do is just toe into it and ya sideways even in 3rd.  il swap it back if i go to the track. Very happy with how the mill turned out. Up next....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic