TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Spirit AMX Suspension and Brakes upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spirit AMX Suspension and Brakes upgrade
    Posted: May/05/2023 at 1:06pm

I decided to share a bit of work that was done over the last 2 months. I will add photos as I get time. 
Front Willwood 12" 6 Piston Front brakes, had to have a cut down base spindle as mine was the bendix and was too long. With the lowering plate it was too wide and the tire would hit the fender. Removed the lowering plates.  Rear 12" Wilwood with 4 piston Calipers and integrated rear park brake, Dr. Diff AMC 20 solid axles, Control Freak Rear Triangulated 4 link in the rear with Viking shocks 250 lb springs. Front Viking Coil overs for a Ford falcon, 450 lb springs  with turned down spring perch pins. Willwood Master Cylinder bolted to a power Brake booster. 

The ride height is about where I want it. 
This was a lot of work and my buddies really came through to help complete it. 
Austin at AMC Acres is who I bought the Control Freak suspension and Willwood Brakes. Great service and responsive when I had questions.  I will have additional photos later to share. 
Dave 

Edited by garsod - May/05/2023 at 1:22pm
nudhistbudhist View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nudhistbudhist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2023 at 6:41pm
That coilover idea has my full undevided attention. Currently I'm running 6 hole plates and can definitely confirm tire/fender meetings 

Edited by nudhistbudhist - May/05/2023 at 8:11pm
Greg

1980 AMC Spirit GT
4.0/ax15 swap
Ford 8.8
garsod View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2023 at 8:03pm
Here is the part numbers from Viking. 
With a machined cross pin to match the Viking bushing it is truly a bolt in upgrade. 

Edited by garsod - May/05/2023 at 8:06pm
danleym View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danleym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2023 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by garsod garsod wrote:

That ride height looks awesome! That's in the long term plans for mine, I'll be bookmarking this for the coil over part numbers. Thanks for posting!
Hollis Danley
1980 Spirit, 258
2000 VW Jetta TDI
2002 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
DAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2023 at 4:50pm
Full coilover setup...NICE: )
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic