TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

T96 first/reverse and cluster availability

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenosha62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T96 first/reverse and cluster availability
    Posted: May/04/2023 at 2:24pm
Ordered parts from WillysAmerica and got an email that they are not in stock and no idea when/if? they will be.
I dropped the transmission off with a couple of extra transmissions. They have determined that none of the other cluster first/rear gears are usable.
Is my best shot to have them use the best of the lot?
Does anyone have good usable parts, better yet a transmission?
I see a rebuilt t96 on eBay with out the R10 Overdrive in Kenosha and I will be driving to North Dakota in a few weeks.
Anybody on the west coast have good T96 you’re willing to give up?
I am seeking your brutal opinions and any possible options.
Love this website,
Thanks 

Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2023 at 3:05pm
Gears can be repaired. There are places that do this work, examples:
We used to get gears repaired and they were heat treated, hardened and nitrated years ago for equipment that the manufacturer no longer existed.

MattsGarage View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattsGarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2023 at 9:08pm
I have a tranny I can check. Will send you a pm.
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2023 at 7:21am
You might try Mile High Jeep Rebuilders in Denver - (303) 629-0378.  They've been around forever and have quite an inventory of NOS parts.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
Kenosha62 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenosha62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2023 at 8:56am
I tried to call Mile High Jeep Rebuilders and it’s listed as permanently close.

Thanks for the tip
1948kaiser View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1948kaiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2023 at 6:42pm
is a t-96 rebuilt on ebay for 375 in kenosha wi
Kenosha62 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kenosha62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2023 at 8:08pm
Hey everyone thanks for all the input I really appreciate the info that's why I love this site.
While scrolling ebay I came across a NOS full gear set for a t96 and its shipped and, on its way.
I also came across another one, if somebody is interested in a refurbished full gear set left over from back in the day. Son is selling Dads old business?
Thanks to all
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2023 at 10:00pm
I am in Salinas and have several of those T-96 trannies, both for open drive line and torque tube.  PM me for details and I will try to help.   Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Kenosha62 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenosha62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2023 at 12:04pm
Thanks pacerman I
Got a NOS full gear set and delivered to the shop now just waiting to hand over the money and get my wagon back on the roadSmile
Again thanks to all
mmerlinn View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerlinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2023 at 7:07pm
Gears for all of these old transmissions are getting very hard to find, and often quite expensive, too.

I have bits and pieces for many of them and every now and then find some more which I rathole until someone needs them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic